Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Navigation

December 28, 2010

Pitt Phyton

40" Pitts Phyton Biplane - by Tim H. RCG

update 200709 (vid attached) - see end of post.

Its has been long im dreaming to have my own diy foamy biplane. and after sometimes, seeing my fellow rcer's phyton bring me to the level which i cant hold it back anymore

My inspiration - Syma76




plans on RCGhttp://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528756

Wing Span : 40"

Length : 38 7/8"

my current setup :

Power Plant : BLM Apex450 1000kv + 30A SSimple + 1047SF + 11.1v 1300/1500mAh 20/25C

Rx : Esky 6ch

Tx : Futaba 7CHP

AUW : 600g

i've tried TowerPro 2409-18 with 1047/1038/0947. but cant get it not to loose power past 1/2 throttle. but my current setup work just fine for harrier. can hover for few second without the plane sinking to the ground. still dont know where i did wrong with my 2409-18.

here some after build picture to share:

waiting for the glue to dry.





my black n white scheme. checkerbox n line made of paint brush n plaka color  those sticker like decals are made of printed image of decals n canopy from its original thread on A4. cut to trim, stick it using 3m 77 spray glue n covered with light coat of clear spray.






motor mount from thin plywood. tower pro 2409-18 which cant give me the power that i need to hover this 600g baby.



landing gear setup. cable tie change to thread n ca'ed to secure then epoxy'ed. wooden plate made of light wooden ruler.



linkage setup for both aileron. i use small rad carbon rod with the sae length of the space between both wing. hinged with heat shrink.



Elevator n rudder setup. no mark on the plan for servos, so have to improvise n depends on cg.

Tail landing gear from music wire.

bamboo skewer (lidi satay) for braces. it really helps.

CoG location about 1/4 from behind the top wing mounting (learned it frm mr umran) is a good start. to my liking, mine end up parallel to aileron hinge line.

till this morning, with my new motor setup. i really love this plane for harrier n hover (thats all i can do so far ). Its really a floater although with my auw of 600g. slow harrier then hover, with the double wing it really makes hearts pounding.




update 200709

replying to my friend invitation to join a rc demo in Ampang Putri Hospital Family Day at Astaka Taman Tasik Titiwangsa giving me a chance to test my new setup. its really not a good call as the space for the demonstration are so limited. but aswering to the mc call, n know the limit of my skills, i just put my guts all together :)