Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Navigation

August 16, 2011

Footy - DIY 12" RC Sailboat


On the first day @ Taman Tasik Ampang Hilir, a fellow member had given me the chance to try his rc sailboat which is according to him had been stuck in his store room for a decade. Somehow the skills needed to sail it cant be take lightly. It is challenging working with the nature to make the boat move in a controlled manner. Then it occurs to me there must be a way to build one  for myself. I search the net and found a sail boat class called Footy that can be scratchbuild from a 3mm depron.






So i did build one footy class sailboat for myself. A footy called Ranger by Bill Hagerup (download plan here). I had to use  my imagination to build it out of 3mm depron as the plan is for balsa. I used hotglue for the build, book cover plastic for the sail, 9g servo (rudder), 9g metal gear servo (sail winch) and 2s lipo+esc to power my receiver.


I would say, it is an intermediate skills build as it is small. The sail comes in there sizes, A to C in the plan given. I failed on my first try as im using the A rig (biggest) for my Ranger and it lean over easily in a light breeze. So on the second try i change it to C rig (smallest) and add some weight to the keel. 





Here is how its look like in action.





Cant wait for the weekend to sail again ...


Newly build Harpy Footy n Ranger - My Hang Hitam n Lang Kunin






















No comments :

Post a Comment

pls leave your email or other means of contact info.