Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Navigation

December 28, 2010

Esky Nemo

Hi guys. Wanna share some mod and settings that I’ve made to my e-sky nemo airplane. some that u guys might find useful and some I do just for experimental purpose or just for fun. This plane is a nice foam plane, although the made are not so scale looking, but by using epp as building material, this is one tough plane for someone who crash a lot. And I mean crash not loose it. If you loose it, just buy another one .[@more@]





Im using this setup with my nemo currently.

Tx – Futaba 7 CAP/CHP

Rx – 7ch RX which come with my tx.

Controls – Aileron, Elevator, Rudder

Motor – Brushless 1500kv with 9040

Esc – 30A

Bty – 11.1V 1550mAh 20C

For me this plane is a plane for beginner or its building material. Less damage on crash. Flight characteristics might be a little bit tough for beginner as it has no dihedral to help on the roll stabilization. But beginner usually worry if they crash their plane, they wont be able to fly it again. But I say not with nemo. If the electronics still running, duct tape or packing tape will do to fix any broken parts. It can take off the ground or just throw it for hand launch. With a little guidance and some practice, it can be fly in a matter of time.

Here’s some mod that I’ve done to my nemo.

Ailerons.

Nemo comes with single servo setting for ailerons. Sometime it came out the control surfaces don’t have enough throw in it or it have to much play. Making ur aileron control a bit sluggish. What I do, instead of using one servo, I used two, each for the ailerons. With this setting, u have a choice whether going with 1 channel for both the servos with a Y connector. Or using two channel one for each servo. The second method let you set ur ailerons to act as a flaperons or spoilerons or even airbrakes.

The way I do it, I used ch1 and ch5 for my aileron. Both mixed using my flaperon function in the tx.



Stabilizers

Nemo originally comes with a foam stabilizers which is prone to break on crash. People usually replace it with Depron. But for me it will break again. So what I do, change it with corroplast.

Battery Bay

I’ve seen some people loosing their battery of plane cause by unsecured battery bay. I even experience it once. And what I do, use a Velcro to secure it.



Landing Gear

I found out that by bending my landing gear it becomes much smoother on the ground.






Steerable Tail Wheel.

Have you ever seen a nemo taxing before flight. Then you should take a look at my vid below. I made the tail landing gear out of wire hangar. Just bend here and there, I’ve got myself a nemo with steerable tail gear. In the picture below, you can see the original wheel is still in place, as I don’t wanna take it off yet till my idea came alive.




Cowling

I some how manage to loose my cowling. Flying without it for a while. Then looking at my friends nemo with a cowling, I wish mine have one too. Instead of buying a new one, I decide to cut some foam, shape it, and fix it to my nemo. And it works just fine.


Decals

I got my nemo secondhand. Without the stickers on (I didn’t like it either). I decide to gave it some new looks. I go with stickers to do the job. I found myself some stickers from a car accessories store and use it as decals. Just make a simple cut here and there.



Checkout my modified nemo in action.




No comments :

Post a Comment

pls leave your email or other means of contact info.