Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Navigation

July 15, 2013

FPV RC Rover Using Smartphones

I initially built a servo driven RC rover for my son to play with and because i found it to be something i have to try for myself. Who would guess the rover just been driven by two normal 9g servos. Thanks to rctestflight.
I just take it a little bit further by testing it for a ground FPV platform. Inspired by a friend who uses two smartphones as an FPV gear for his quadcopter, i dig out my old Galaxy Ace.



You can find more about my rover build here. As for the FPV setup, basically it is just like using an ipcamera. The camera set its own network transmitting the video and any devide with the right software which connected to the same network will be able to view it. In this case, a camera onboard as the ipcamera and the other camera as the monitor with the viewing software.

The Phones:
I'm using my current Samsung Galaxy Note2 as monitor and my old Samsung Galaxy Ace as the on board camera.

The Softwares:
Onboard: IP Webcam
Monitor: IP Cam Viewer Basic


Setup:
I made myself holders to hold the phones.









No comments :

Post a Comment

pls leave your email or other means of contact info.