Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Navigation

January 21, 2011

Glowings


What glows in the dark? Well take a look at this …
I started my nightflying with a diy stick plane equipped with LEDs as navigation light. And with it I only could see the navigation light in the darkness of the night sky to help me fly it without loosing the orientation of my plane. Now its just like flying the plane in the day time.








Glowing – so called by my fellow rcers at Ampang Tasek Flying Site here in KL, Malaysia. They introduce it to make our night flying activity much more exciting. This is my old night stick besides the glowing which I flew for a couple of night. Mesmerized by the beauty of glowing in the night sky, I build not one, but two myself. Just wanna see more glowing there.





Basically for us at Ampang Tasek, any aircraft that have hollow fuselage and wing and can be illuminated with a simple LEDs circuit are GLOWING. And most of us scratchbuild our glowing.











Flying a glowing just like flying your plane at dusk/dawn. You can only see the silhouette of your plane, but its better with a glowing – because it glows. Just by looking at your plane silhouette won’t help in your orientation though. So we still need to put a set of navigation light for orientation purpose.









Here you can watch it in action for yourself … one of us even build a glow flying wing. Watch more videos here.





No comments :

Post a Comment

pls leave your email or other means of contact info.