Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Navigation

September 23, 2013

My DIY Spider Quad

Here is my first quadcopter build. I love how the TBS Discovery looks in the air, but i can't justified it cost for me to get one. And there is Reptile frame which also looks nice in the air but again it still cost a lot for me. Then i started to look for a free plans of a TBS look a like on the internet with which i could build one for myself.
Lucky me i did find it here -http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1706111. Nick_P don't just share his plan of a spider quad for free but included a complete guide how to make one yourself in writings and a series of youtube videos.
Here is what i come out with...


I have modified Nick's plan a bit by making the arms fold able for ease of transport and forgiving in crashes just like my tricopter build.

Arms from 1/2 inch wood cut to Nick's specs

Dry fittings the arm to the center plates.
 The center plates are made out of 5mm playwood. As per Nick's guide, i glued the plan to the plywood and start cutting with a hand saw, drill and finishing it with a sand paper.

My power distribution harnest. Includes a regulated 5V for FC, 2x12V for Cam+VTx and voltage indicator.

Yes I'm using a reverse cam on board :)

How it looks under the hood.

Ready for action

Folded

Current Setup
Setup:
Turnigy 1200kv 9x4.5
HKSS 30A Flashed with Simonk TP 8KHz
2200mah 30C 3s
KKMulticopter Blackboard V2.0 clone Flycam by Minsoo




No comments :

Post a Comment

pls leave your email or other means of contact info.