Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Navigation

August 05, 2013

DIY Attiny45/85 Programming Shield

It is just something i made up to make my life easier and to sharpen my soldering skills.
Arduino is totally new to me after a friend sharing his rc plane navigation lights project. It is just interest me to give it a try. Since then i keep trying to learn something new out of it.
This thing really makes me thinking 'Why the hell i didn't pay attention to my electronics classes before?'. It is actually interesting to be able to build something electronicky.


I am using Arduino UNO which i got from myduino.com. It is a rapid prototyping board for embedded system. You don't have to be a master programmer to use one of this, as a lot of users projects shared on the internet which you can copy for your own use. It uses an Atmel AVR chip ATMega328P-PU, but can be use as an ISP programmer to program a smaller chip, ATtiny45/85 (which i am using) for a smaller projects. It is cheap and it is small. It can be use independently without the need of other component except for a 5v regulated circuit to power it.

Standalone flasher i made for my tricopter

So why the programming shield? Here is how you do it with out one:


Why not make it permanent like this





I used this to help me connected it all

//
// pin name:     not-mega:         mega(1280 and 2560)
// slave reset:      10:                    53 
// MOSI:            11:                    51 
// MISO:            12:                    50 
// SCK:              13:                    52 
//
// Put an LED (with resistor) on the following pins:
// 9: Heartbeat - shows the programmer is running
// 8: Error - Lights up if something goes wrong (use red if that makes sense)
// 7: Programming - In communication with the slave
//


I actually get most of the info and idea from here. Other stuff that you need to programmed your chip described there as well.




No comments :

Post a Comment

pls leave your email or other means of contact info.