Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Navigation

October 21, 2013

FPV Monitor Setup

When I start plying with multirotor, some it is really like getting myself into FPV (First Person View). To have a good gear for a great FPV experience one have to spend a lot which I'm not going to do (yet). So as usual I went with what I can get my hands on with minimal cost. I got my hands on a pair of VTx/VRx from a friend (thanx Jazzman) and a decent cam with a monitor (thanx Pelurusilver).
I've seen a lot of people using a tripod to place their monitor and VRx but as a lazy person i am,  i went with a simpler solution which I learn from my friends (thanx Syedkechik).


For the ease of transport I chose to go with the modular system so my monitor won't always have to be on my TX.

Two piece of aluminium tube (heli boom) hotglued to the monitor's back. VRx velcroed to the back as well.

Using the TX stand as my monitor mount. Velcro used to make a tight fit to the stand.

Monitor on my TX.

Monitor and VRx sharing the same battery back velcroed to the back of my TX.
** I later found out this particular monitor have a bad attitude when the video signal is bad. It tends to go black screen on me for a while. So i decided to change monitor.

*** and i just learned something the hard way. It is not a bad idea to have a voltage indicator to your ground station pack. I just experienced losing the video feed on my monitor because of low battery. Lucky me my quad is close to the ground and a way from danger to it and others.

My Current Monitor Setup

7 inch TFT LCD Monitor - Meant for car headrest. Got it from my local car accessories shop.







No comments :

Post a Comment

pls leave your email or other means of contact info.