Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Navigation

April 24, 2013

FUTABA 7CHP PPM/PCM 2.4GHz Conversion Using FrSky DHT 8ch DIY Module

After my previous Backlight Mod, I am thinking of upgrading my 7CHP to a 2.4GHz but want to have the capability to switch to my old trusty 40MHz which i have more than a couple of RX around that i don't want to waste. So i remember seeing a video posted on Flitetest regarding such modification and found it on their website -> DIY 2.4Ghz Radio Upgrade on Flitetest by David Windestal
David are known for his work on RCExplorer have done a great job describing his way of modifying his 72Mhz 7CHP and here I am not trying to do a how to for this mod but instead just trying to share how i did it by using David's article.

Here's what i got for my conversion: FrSky DHT 8ch DIY Telemetry Compatible Transmitter Module FrSky V8R7-II 2.4Ghz 7CH Receiver.

I chose to used this particular module as i've already have a FrSky DJT 2.4Ghz Combo Pack for JR w/Telemetry Module & V8FR-II RX for my Turnigy 9X TX - Yes i now have my own 9X to play with :). So i can than share RX between them.

Please refer to David's article here for what i've done below:




I chose to solder the ground and signal wire to the corresponding pad under the board and only cut the positive wire for the switch.


Switch for switching between 2.4GHz and my 40Mhz installed.


Seems tight as i've the inverter of my previous backlight mod. 



Chose to put the bind button and led at the back as my battery compartment is full.



Here's how she look after modification made. Field test prove that the conversion is as reliable as my ol 40MHz and I am a happy man. I believe you can make this same modification on other FM TX as long as you can figure out for sure where its tx modul are placed and the position on its signal/+/gnd.







No comments :

Post a Comment

pls leave your email or other means of contact info.