Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Navigation

September 26, 2011

Polaris (Jetset44) - Sharing Some Tips

After a couples of build, few flights with my polaris and a lots of fun on the water and at the field. Here is some tips and tricks that i want to share with all of you whos planning on building one for themselves :)
Overall i would just say, this is a great design.
Just say thanks if you find it useful :)












Wind. As for now, my polaris has not been very friendly with the wind. Too much wind, and my polaris would wobble side to side. And its hard to get a good flight in a windy condition. What i did, i make sure to place the battery a little bit fwd to get some nose heavy attitude for batter wind penetration.
Don't try to take off in crosswind or ur polaris will topple sideways. And be extra careful taking off into the wind, coz the polaris sitting on the water with its wing having kinda of positive angle into the wind and can easily flip over. So watch you elevator.


Water proofing.
-I used hotglue to patch both ends of my esc shrink wrap and my rx.-servos covered with hotglue on the outside except the gear n horns.-Fill push rod guide tube with vaselin/greese.-Use heat shrink on both ends of all push rod guide.

-Hotglue all joint.
-Tape battery hatch on every flight.-Dont crash   (mine water find a way after crash on second flight   )

Motor mount. just wanna share an easy way to make ur motor interchangeable. i use this method on my second build. (source: rcg)






- used steve's new tail nacelle for more room.




inverted flying: need some up elevator to get a level flight (but maybe its my cg). overall- its easy enough to control it inverted.

tips: to get a better roll rate using ailerons tork rod, u can try this. but afterwards make sure to dial her in to tame the controls on ailerons (dont ask why i mention it   )my current radio setup: i just used the expo to tame her up. i dialled all my controls to maximum throw (EPA max, DR max). expo settings on my 7c endup: ail( -80%), ele(-65%) and rud(60%)











No comments :

Post a Comment

pls leave your email or other means of contact info.